Abingdon Elementary brought home a few ribbons from the Arlington County Fair! Plants grown in Abingdon’s garden won the following prizes:
- Okra: Reserve Champion; First Premium, Division K
- Banana Peppers: First Premium, Division Y
- Mint: First Premium, Division K
- Basil: First Premium, Division K
- Tomatoes: Second Premium, Division K
- Zinnia: Third Premium, Division K
We are incredibly grateful to the Eco Action Team and our teachers Ms. Upshur and Ms. Barnes for their garden leadership! We are also grateful to all of the volunteers — students, families, and community members — whose hard work ensured these prize-winning plants sprouted and thrived.
Pop by the school garden to check out our prize-worthy plants!