The PTA is passing along this message from Clare McLean, one of our wonderful Kindergarten Assistants here at Abingdon. She also serves as the Summer Camp Assistant Director at the Outdoor Lab.
Hello Abingdon Families! Looking for a fun fall activity? The Phoebe Hall Knipling Outdoor Lab welcomes all Arlington families to:
The Outdoor Lab Fall Open House!
Sunday, October 16th
10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 1 - 4 p.m.
Visit the Arlington Outdoor Education Association (AOEA) website for more details. If you or someone you know would like to attend, please register on EventBrite. While at the Lab, your family can:
- fish in the pond (cane poles & worms provided!)
- hike our trails (over 5 miles, various hiking abilities)
- observe critters in our Nature Center (admission in small groups)
- find a perfect spot for a family picnic! (bring your lunch!)
The Arlington Outdoor Education Association (AOEA) and Arlington County Public Schools (APS) are partners in the Outdoor Lab, which gives APS students an opportunity to learn science, outdoor skills, arts, and humanities in a natural setting.
- Abingdon 3rd graders will visit the Outdoor Lab for field trips on February 21 & 22, 2023.
- Abingdon 5th graders will have their overnight camping trips at the Outdoor Lab on May 1-2 and May 4-5, 2023.
- In March 2023, APS 4th - 8th graders are able to sign up for Outdoor Lab Summer Camp! Stay tuned to the APS Outdoor Lab webpage for more details.
Last spring, Abingdon had more families attend the Open House than any other APS school! If you can’t make it this fall, the Spring Outdoor Lab Open House is scheduled for April 22.
Hope to see some of you at the Outdoor Lab on October 16th!